-
November 27th, 2004, 06:55 PM
#1
Inactive Member
So I just got my pump back from Aquamist. Turnaround time was about a week and a half - this would have been reduced had it not been a holiday. Every step of the way, I was notified of the progress of the pump, from when they received the pump to when they sent it out. It was delivered back to me in 2 days via UPS EXPRESS. This is from overseas (England). I can't get domestic packages that fast! The pump is clean and in perfect working condition. They replaced all the valves, seals, and the center tube. So, in short, if any of you have your pump crap out. . . no worries, Aquamist ERL will fix it with minimum headache.
-
November 28th, 2004, 12:19 AM
#2
Inactive Member
good stuff,
you had to have it fixed cuz you used too much alcohol in it right?
always good to hear about good service.
-
December 17th, 2004, 01:41 AM
#3
Inactive Member
i am really interested in picking up an aquamist system for my JRSC'd 00 Integra LS. but i am just learning about them. which one of their setups would you recomend for me? i am currently running 8lbs and i plan to later upgrade to 10. that is after i get a new thermostat, plugs, injectors, all that jazz... but i need to chill this baby out!! i asked people on Team-integra.net but they dont know anything and refered me here. hope i provided enough information for someone to point me in the right direction. thanks!
-
December 17th, 2004, 02:53 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Yea, I used too much denatured alcohol. Turns out the maximums are 5% for denatured alcohol and 50% if using methanol.
At 10 psi, a water injection system could help a lot, especially if you plan on running advanced timing. Better work on fuel tuning first, then if you still have problems with detonation, then look into water injection or a standalone. I'm sure other people have their own opinions, but I'm a big fan of water injection now that I have it.
-
December 17th, 2004, 06:56 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I would recommend the Jackson Racing system. It's basically the Aquamist 1s. Anything more than the 1s would be overkill anyways.
-
December 17th, 2004, 04:31 PM
#6
Inactive Member
i plan on having the fuel management taken care of. what aquamist system would you recomed with my setup? there are 4 different ones, and i understand there are different features with the more expensive ones, but is it entirely nessesary for my appplication just to drop the engine temps...
-
December 18th, 2004, 02:43 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Sup faded...knew you'd get more help over here...not too many JRSCed guys on TI. None of them use water injection as far as I know. I'm giong to research it more now, but from what I read on one manufacturers web site, the water was injected into the combustion chamber??? Maybe I misread/was mislead. Is this what you guys are refering to or I guess what I'm asking is where is the water being applied to cool the system in this case? Are there multiple ways to do it (places to inject) on a B18 JRSC setup?
-
December 18th, 2004, 03:22 AM
#8
Inactive Member
For Jacksons, there should be a tap in the newer model manifolds. This is where the water is injected, not directly into the combustion chamber.
-
December 22nd, 2004, 05:05 AM
#9
Inactive Member
hey shane! =) yea TI needs more SC'd tegs. Too many ppl are concerned about having the lowest 1/4 time than anything. sometimes i feel like everyone is building their car for TI.net and not for themselves. (internet bragging rights i suppose...) anyways! where would be the cheapest place to pick up an s1 system? if the jackson is just a badged up aquamist s1 - then i should just purchase straight from them and save $100 right? but if there are other companies that sell their units cheaper (possibly bulk buyers/wholesale shops/ect) does anyone know if those exist or am i just best off buying from their site? thanks!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks